Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, since potency directly depends on it. In order to prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth making changes in your lifestyle: improve nutrition, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in a period of rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of drugs and medicines from traditional medicine.
Preventive measures to eliminate or prevent prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- primarily is carried out to prevent the development of the disease;
- Secondary prevention is required in patients with prostatitis to avoid the recurrence of the disease or its development into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow a few important rules:
- To eat healthy food. Diet revision is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid greasy and spicy foods. With acute use, the prostate mucosa becomes irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly reduces the blood supply to the prostate gland and creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Refusing bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly forbidden during the preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affects the metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol stresses the heart muscle and contributes to impaired blood circulation. It is noted that alcohol becomes the main cause of prostatitis in 40% of cases. In addition, alcohol abuse has a negative effect on the entire male urogenital system, often affecting potency.
- See a doctor in good time. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of developing prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate. Do not self-medicate for STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Inflammation of the prostate is often the result of prolonged exposure to the cold.
- To do sports. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate.
- Do you take any medicine. If problems with potency are detected, a man needs to start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the main methods of dealing with prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises for the prevention of prostatitis is training the muscle group around the anus. To determine the muscle that needs strengthening, you can delay the flow of urine when urinating, count to three, and relax. Then in the same way it is recommended to act without urination.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the training intensity to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can do other standing exercises:
- Lean on the floor with one foot and swing wide back and forth with the other 80 times. Then switch legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and perform 15 inclines in both directions.
Remedial gymnastics is also performed in the supine position:
- Alternately pull your legs toward your stomach, then spread them apart to their maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then get into a sitting position, stretch your legs out in front of you and reach them with your fingertips.
- Lying on your back, raise your legs to a position perpendicular to the floor, and then proceed to the "Bike" exercise.
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your hands.
These exercises improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. It also makes sense to take a contrast shower - stand alternately under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before bedtime.
Healing stimulation of the prostate
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to perform prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly relieve the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal functioning of the male genital organs.
This massage helps:
- Improving blood circulation, which provides the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- Increase the tone of the groin muscles, which will restore normal urination.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he needs to do 2-4 sessions a week. When conducting a wellness treatment as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods of conducting a prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is increasingly used for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and loosening the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. Massage with a water jet must be carried out for a short time and kept in itself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. To perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When conducting a massage, you need to be careful not to aggravate the condition by damaging the mucous membrane of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different genesis;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is advisable to undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you need to adhere to proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine output, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are recommended to consume around 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g proteins;
- 400 grams of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fats (of vegetable origin).
In addition, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- Dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations with herbal ingredients or extracts from a bull's prostate. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate, increase the production of secretions and eliminate stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps eliminate inflammation in the prostate.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of the prostate, it is important to consume enough vitamins that improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long term. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements that are available in pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It takes part in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also methods from traditional medicine:
- oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. l. whole oats and 700 ml water. The drink is simmered for 30 minutes or more until the beans are tender. Then let the brew steep for several hours, filter, mix with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consume 100-150 ml daily.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on the production of testosterone. They can be consumed pure, at least 100g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal blend. To do this, a glass of nuts with a whole lemon is passed through a meat grinder and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. l. Honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 1 tbsp 3 times a day. l. Nuts passed through meat grinders can also be diluted with 1 tbsp. l. sunflower oil. It is recommended to consume the remedy in this form in the morning on an empty stomach, while the potency is enhanced if washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent tool for the prevention of prostatitis. 2 teaspoons are enough for brewing. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in inflammatory processes in the prostate. They can be eaten pure or dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal parts. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. l. Seed.
- A decoction of birch leaves has an anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate. For cooking: 1 tbsp. l. Raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honigsbiten is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, improve potency and relieve the inflammatory process in the prostate. Take 1 tbsp. l. Dissolve in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach before bedtime.
Methods from traditional medicine are effective, but they can provoke allergic reactions and aggravate chronic diseases. Before use, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to take preventive measures. Timely treatment will help to avoid the consequences of the disease.